South Carolina-Upstate defeats Lipscomb 81-74Feb 12, 2010 - 3:06 AM SPARTANBURGK, S.C.(AP) -- Mezie Uzochukwu scored 13 points and South Carolina-Upstate defeated Lipscomb 81-74 on Thursday night.
The Spartans (5-19, 5-10 Atlantic Sun Conference) turned the ball over seven times, while dishing out 16 assists.
Lipscomb, which was tied for first in the A-Sun with Belmont heading in, led 40-31 at halftime, but had 7 of its 12 turnovers and was outscored 26-7 off the bench in the second half.
The Spartans outscored the Bison 22-11 to open the second half, and took a 53-51 lead on Cedric Koffi's 3 with 12:06 left.
Adnan Hodzic's layup tied it at 53-53, but Josh Chavis responded for the Spartans on a 3 with 11:26 remaining, and South Carolina-Upstate wouldn't trail the rest of the way.
Koffi finished with 11 points and Nick Schneiders added five blocks for the Spartans.
Hodzic finished with 22 points and Jordan Burgason added 18 for Lipscomb (13-12, 10-6).
- NCAA BB
USC UPSTATE 81 FINAL
Feb 11 9:25 PM
- NCAA BB
USC UPSTATE 31 HALFTIME
Feb 11 8:10 PM
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Strong second half lifts Maryland over USC Upstate Dec 13
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Spartans Dec 13
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Sanderson resigns after 14 years at Lipscomb Apr 10
- USC Upstate gives Payne extension Oct 26
- Murray State routs Lipscomb, moves to 11-0 Dec 15