Jacksonville State defeats Tennessee-Martin 80-68Feb 12, 2010 - 4:34 AM JACKSONVILLE, Ala.(AP) -- Nick Murphy scored 18 points and grabbed 13 rebounds and Trenton Marshall chipped in 20 points to lead Jacksonville State past Tennessee-Martin 80-68 on Thursday night.
The Gamecocks (11-13, 7-7 Ohio Valley Conference) scored 19 points off 17 turnovers, and had 16 fastbreak points.
Jacksonville State had 17 assists and shot 46.2 percent from the field (24 of 52).
The Gamecocks led by as many as 45-26 on Amadou Mbodji's free throws with 15:52 to play.
Jeremy Bynum added 12 points for Jacksonville State, which snapped a two-game losing streak.
Marquis Weddle paced the Skyhawks (4-20, 1-13) with 17 points. Tennessee-Martin's Andres Irarrazabal and Benzor Simmons added 12 points each.
The Skyhawks shot 39.7 percent from the field (23 of 58) and were 4 of 12 from 3-point range (33.3 percent).
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- Tennesse-Martin hoops coach James won't return Mar 3
- No. 18 UNLV downs Jacksonville State Nov 18
- Rebels play host to Gamecocks in Global Sports Classic Nov 17
- Wright, Cincinnati down UT-Martin Nov 11
- Bearcats battle Skyhawks to begin 2012-13 campaign Nov 11
- Murray State remains perfect in win over Skyhawks Feb 4
- Murray State keeps rolling with easy win over Jacksonville State Jan 13