Penn beats Cornell 79-64Feb 13, 2010 - 3:45 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Jack Eggleston scored a career-high 24 points and Penn used a strong second-half run to upset Cornell 79-64 on Friday night, snapping the Big Red's eight-game winning streak.
Zach Rosen added 22 points and six assists for the Quakers (4-15, 3-2 Ivy League), who shot a season-high 56.3 percent from the field (27-for-48) and 11-for-21 from beyond the 3-point line (52.4 percent). Rob Belcore also pitched in with 10 points.
The Big Red (20-4, 6-1) had not lost a game since No. 1 Kansas beat them 71-66 on Jan. 6.
Up by just one point at the break, Penn opened the second half on a 15-0 run and never looked back. Rosen connected on five free throws in the game's final 1:32 to seal it for the Quakers, who have won three of four after a four-game losing skid.
Louis Dale and Ryan Wittman scored 16 points apiece to lead Cornell, while Jeff Foote had 10 points and 11 boards.
- NCAA BB
PENN 79 FINAL
Feb 12 9:02 PM
- NCAA BB
PENN 32 HALFTIME
Feb 12 7:51 PM
- Brian Earl hired as Cornell men's basketball coach Apr 18
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9
- No. 5 Villanova pulls away to beat Penn Jan 17
- Penn faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Villanova Jan 17
- Villanova pulls away from Penn in Big-5 clash Dec 5
- Red-hot Villanova hosts local rival Penn Dec 4
- Louisville wins again, chews up Cornell Nov 16
- No. 3 Louisville sets sights on Cornell Nov 15