Casey, Lin lead Harvard past Yale 82-79 in OTFeb 13, 2010 - 2:36 AM NEW HAVEN, Conn.(AP) -- Kyle Casey scored 20 points and Jeremy Lin added 18 to lead Harvard to an 82-79 overtime win against Yale on Friday night.
Brandyn Curry finished with 15 points and Christian Webster had 12 for the Crimson (16-5, 5-2 Ivy League), who used Oliver McNally's free throw with 2 seconds left in regulation to send the game into overtime.
Harvard never trailed in overtime again after Casey hit two free throws with 2:41 left to give them a 72-71 lead. The Bulldogs (9-15, 3-4) were still able to challenge down the stretch, cutting the margin down to one with 14 seconds left on Alex Zampier's two free throws.
But Dee Giger responded with two shots from the foul line to give the Crimson enough cushion.
Zampier led Yale with 32 points, Greg Mangano scored 19 and grabbed eight rebounds, and Michael Sands and Jordan Gibson each added 10 in the losing effort.
- NCAA BB
YALE 79 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 12 9:20 PM
- NCAA BB
YALE 34 HALFTIME
Feb 12 7:54 PM
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- From controversy to NCAA upset artist, Yale eyeing more Mar 18
- Yale blocks out captain's dismissal heading to NCAA tourney Mar 16
- Former Yale captain says he'll sue school over expulsion Mar 14
- Yale, without captain, celebrates first bid in 54 years Mar 13
- Yale team navigates campus anger amid NCAA Tournament bid Mar 10
- Yale captain Montague won't return to Ivy league leaders Feb 24
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Tar Heels take aim at Crimson in second round Mar 19
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15