Campbell sinks Mercer 69-63Feb 13, 2010 - 2:34 AM BUIES CREEK, N.C.(AP) -- Jonathan Rodriguez scored 24 points, leading four Campbell players in double figures as the Camels held off Mercer 69-63 on Friday night.
Miles Taylor added 12 points while Junard Hartley and Lorne Merthie had 10 apiece for the Camels (15-9, 10-5 Atlantic Sun Conference). The Camels have won three in a row to remain in a four-way tie for first place in the A-Sun.
Mercer led for most of the close contest, and took a 60-59 lead as late as 2:25 left in the game. But Rodriguez put the Camels on his back, dropping in a layup followed by a pair of free throws as Campbell went on a 10-3 run to close out the win.
The Camels outrebounded the Bears 28-20 and shot 70 percent from the foul line (14-for-20). The Bears posted just a 58.3 mark from the stripe (14-for-24).
James Florence led the Bears (12-13, 8-7) with 21 points, while Daniel Emerson had 12 and E.J. Kusnyer 10.
- NCAA BB
CAMPBELL 69 FINAL
Feb 12 8:58 PM
- NCAA BB
CAMPBELL 24 HALFTIME
Feb 12 7:47 PM
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Tennessee cruises past Mercer to reach Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Mercer seeks another upset in clash with Tennessee Mar 23
- Mercer's late rally stuns Duke Mar 21
- Blue Devils and Bears meet in Midwest Regional battle Mar 21
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears meet in A-Sun title game Mar 9
- Campbell tabs McGeehan as head coach Apr 11
- Florida Gulf Coast downs Mercer for Atlantic Sun Tournament crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears clash for A-Sun title Mar 9
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7