East Tennessee State routs Kennesaw State 66-45Feb 13, 2010 - 2:04 AM JOHNSON CITY, Tenn.(AP) -- Justin Tubbs scored 23 points and Isiah Brown had a double-double to lead East Tennessee State to a 66-45 win over Kennesaw State on Friday night.
Brown finished with 14 points and a game-high 15 rebounds for the Pirates (14-12, 10-5 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have won three straight. Micah Williams pitched in with 13 points.
East Tennessee State pulled away early against the Owls (12-14, 7-8), jumping out to a 27-9 lead with 8:55 left in the first half on Tubbs' 3-pointer. He went 5-for-11 from beyond the arc.
Kennesaw State would pull no closer than 12 points, as the Pirates built a 26 point advantage - their largest of the game - on Brown's three-point play with 6:54 to play.
East Tennessee State forced 20 turnovers by the Owls.
Markeith Cummings was the only Kennesaw State player to score in double figures with 10 points. LaDaris Green had 11 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
KENNESAW ST 45
EAST TENN ST 66 FINAL
Feb 12 8:55 PM
- NCAA BB
KENNESAW ST 20
EAST TENN ST 37 HALFTIME
Feb 12 7:54 PM
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- East Tennessee State tabs Forbes as new men's basketball coach Mar 31
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14
- Kennesaw State, Preston announce mutual separation Mar 19
- Kennesaw State coach taking leave of absence Jan 2
- No. 4 Arizona blasts East Tennessee State Dec 23