Lillard, Weber State down Northern Arizona 76-66Feb 13, 2010 - 3:55 AM OGDEN, Utah(AP) -- Damian Lillard scored 26 points and Weber State came up with 16 steals in a 76-66 victory over Northern Arizona on Friday night.
The Wildcats (16-8, 10-2 Big Sky), who completed a season sweep of the Lumberjacks, also got a big night from Franklin Session. He scored 22 points and grabbed eight steals.
Cameron Jones led Northern Arizona (11-12, 5-7) with 24 points, scoring 16 in the first half.
The Lumberjacks went on a 10-0 run early in the second half to pull within 42-38 with 13:33 left. However, Lillard and Nick Hansen hit back-to-back 3-pointers and the Wildcats erupted on a 13-0 surge to lead 55-38 less than five minutes later. Session ended that stretch with a three-point play.
Weber State led 69-50 on a dunk from Session with 5:26 to gain its biggest lead of the game.
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- Northern Arizona returns 4 players from CIT runner-up team Nov 4
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Northern Arizona coach suspended for fracas in Big Sky tourney Mar 15
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Gordon helps Arizona get past Weber State Mar 21
- Weber State faces tall task in clash with No. 1 seed Arizona Mar 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15