Montana St. 69, E. Washington 74Feb 13, 2010 - 5:50 AM CHENEY, Wash. (AP) -- Freshman Glen Dean scored seven of his 12 points in the final 1:06, helping Eastern Washington snap a seven-game losing streak with a 74-69 victory over Montana State on Friday night.
Kevin Winford went 6-for-6 from the free throw line and led the Eagles (7-18, 3-8 Big Sky) with 19 points.
Jeffrey Forbes scored 17 points for Eastern Washington, Brandon Moore had 11 points and eight rebounds and Mark Dunn had 10 points.
Bobby Howard scored 18 points to lead the Bobcats (12-12, 7-6). Branden Johnson added 13 points and nine rebounds for Montana State, and Will Bynum scored 11.
Dean, whose 3-pointer gave Eastern Washington a 68-65 lead with 44 seconds left, sank two foul shots with 13 seconds left as the Eagles went up 72-69. Danny Piepoli missed a 3-pointer with 7 seconds left for Montana State that would have tied it.
- NCAA BB
MONTANA ST 69
EASTERN WASH 74 FINAL
Feb 13 12:26 AM
- NCAA BB
MONTANA ST 32
EASTERN WASH 28 HALFTIME
Feb 12 11:21 PM
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Unbeaten Huskies rally past Eastern Washington Dec 14
- Huskies seek to ground Eagles Dec 14
- Kentucky crushes Montana St. Nov 23
- Top-ranked Kentucky continues run against Montana State Nov 23
- SMU tops Eastern Washington to end skid Nov 23