Harris leads Drexel past Delaware 68-60Feb 13, 2010 - 8:36 PM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Jamie Harris scored 16 of his 21 points in the first half to lead Drexel to a 68-60 win over Delaware on Saturday.
Harris, who went 6-for-12 from the floor and made three 3-pointers, hit a trey with 5 seconds left in the first half to give the Dragons (15-12, 10-5 Colonial Athletic Association) a 35-32 halftime lead.
Drexel maintained control, but the Blue Hens attempted a late rally. Delaware's Jawan Carter scored on a layup with 1:25 to play, cutting the Dragons' lead to 61-58, but Kevin Phillip tipped in a missed jumper by Gerald Colds to give Drexel a five-point cushion.
The Dragons went on to make five of six free throws in the final 35 seconds.
Colds finished with 13 points and three assists for Drexel, which shot 48 percent from the floor for the game.
Carter led Delaware (7-19, 3-12) with 14 points, Alphonso Dawson had 13 points and Jamelle Hagins had 10 points.
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- Villanova routs Delaware Nov 30
- Undefeated Wildcats entertain hapless Blue Hens Nov 30
- Delaware's Threatt kicked off team Jun 10
- Payne stars as Michigan State dumps Delaware in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Spartans begin tournament against Blue Hens Mar 20
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11
- Tribe and Hens square off in CAA title tilt Mar 10