Coppin State beats South Carolina State 79-61Feb 14, 2010 - 12:32 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Kareem Brown scored 14 points to pace Coppin State to a 79-61 victory over South Carolina State on Saturday.
Vince Goldsberry added 13 points for the Eagles (7-16, 2-9 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who split the season series against the Bulldogs. South Carolina State beat Coppin State 87-65 on Jan. 18.
The Bulldogs (13-9, 7-4) were led by Darnell Porter, who finished with 17 points and 13 rebounds. South Carolina State saw their five-game winning streak snapped.
Coppin State shot 50.8 percent from the field (31-for-61), including 29.4 percent from 3-point range (5-for-17).
South Carolina State shot only 37.5 percent from the field (21-for-56) and 15 percent from beyond the arc (3-for-20).
The Eagles outrebounded the Bulldogs 37-35.
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past SC State Nov 18
- SC State faces tall task in bout with No. 9 Virginia Nov 18
- Mitchell out at Coppin State after 28 years Mar 28
- Gonzaga cruises past Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 11 Gonzaga plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- Irvin helps Michigan cruise past Coppin State Nov 29
- Wolverines set sights on Eagles Nov 29
- Hot shooting leads Michgian past South Carolina State Nov 12
- SC State pays visit to No. 7 Michigan Nov 12
- No. 12 Missouri wallops South Carolina State Dec 18
- South Carolina State comes calling on Missouri Dec 17
- No. 1 Indiana rolls over Coppin State Dec 2