Hofstra beats UNC-Wilmington 87-70Feb 14, 2010 - 3:06 AM WILMINGTON, N.C.(AP) -- Cornelius Vines scored 24 points and Charles Jenkins added 22, leading Hofstra in an 87-70 win over North Carolina-Wilmington on Saturday night.
Vines hit seven 3-pointers and Jenkins went 9-for-10 from the free throw line for the Pride (14-13, 7-8 Colonial Athletic Association), who have won back-to-back games and five of their last six.
The Pride (83.3 percent) outshot the Seahawks (58.3 percent) at the free throw line, but UNC-Wilmington had a 43.8 percent mark on 3-pointers. Hofstra finished just 39.1 percent from beyond the arc.
The Seahawks led 6-2 less than 2 minutes into the game, but the Pride put together a 19-6 run and never trailed again. Vines hit two straight 3-pointers to help spark the spree.
Greg Washington added 11 points for Hofstra and Nathaniel Lester had 10.
Ahmad Grant paced the Seahawks (8-18, 4-11) with 23 points.
- NCAA BB
UNC WILMINGTON 70 FINAL
Feb 13 9:21 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC WILMINGTON 27 HALFTIME
Feb 13 7:58 PM
- Hofstra, Mihalich agree to extension Apr 29
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17
- Hofstra's Nichols to miss rest of season Jan 26
- Hofstra's rise close to being complete Oct 22
- Hofstra coach Mihalich agrees to extension Jun 1
- Louisville holds off UNCW Dec 14
- Fourth-ranked Cardinals set sights on Seahawks Dec 14
- UNC-Wilmington hires Louisville assistant Keatts Mar 27
- Peterson out as UNCW head coach Mar 11
- No. 19 North Carolina cruises past UNC-Wilmington Dec 31
- Seahawks and Tar Heels meet in New Year's Eve fracas Dec 31
- SMU-Hofstra game postponed Dec 6