Lafayette defeats Navy 83-77Feb 13, 2010 - 9:05 PM EASTON, Pa.(AP) -- Jared Mintz scored 23 points to lead Lafayette to an 83-77 victory over Navy on Saturday.
Mintz added nine rebounds for the Leopards (15-10, 6-4 Patriot League), who snapped a three-game losing streak with the win. Jeff Kari chipped in with 19 points on 5 of 8 shooting.
A layup from Navy's O.J. Avworo cut Lafayette's lead to 79-77 with 30 seconds remaining in the game. Kari was fouled 5 seconds later, and nailed both free throws to push Lafayette's lead back to four.
Navy's Romeo Garcia missed a 3-pointer on the other end and Darion Benbow secured the rebound for Lafayette with 13 seconds left. Benbow was fouled and made both free throws for the final score.
Chris Harris finished with 25 points and four steals to lead Navy (12-13, 6-4). Jordan Sugars added 21 points and eight rebounds.
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13
- Bison, Leopards meet in Patriot League title game Mar 13
- Gophers overwhelm Lafayette for eighth straight win Dec 22
- Leopards hope to claw way past 13th-ranked Golden Gophers Dec 22