Appalachian State beats Georgia Southern 111-83Feb 14, 2010 - 3:17 AM BOONE, N.C.(AP) -- Donald Sims scored 30 points and Appalachian State rolled to an easy 111-83 rout over Georgia Southern on Saturday night.
Kellen Brand finished with 17 points and Issac Butts had 12 for the Mountaineers (16-10, 10-4 Southern Conference), who won their fourth straight. Andre Williamson added 11 points.
Appalachian State trailed the Eagles by 10 points with 12:26 left in the first half on Antonio Hanson's 3-pointer. But the Mountaineers outscored Georgia Southern 15-4 over the next 3 minutes to take a 35-34 lead.
Sims, who went 11-for-14 from the floor and made three shots from beyond the arc, hit a 3-pointer with 10:29 left in the second half to give Appalachian State a 79-65 advantage. The Mountaineers took their largest lead at 30 on Jacob Lail's layup with 36 seconds left.
Colby Wohlleb scored 22 points for Georgia Southern (6-20, 3-10), while Hanson had 15 points.
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Fox named Appalachian State hoops coach Apr 8
- Appalachian State fires Capel Mar 10
- Georgia Southern tabs Byington as men's basketball coach Apr 1
- Georgia Southern dismisses Young after 4 seasons Mar 12
- Missouri handles Appalachian State Dec 2
- Mountaineers face uphill climb in clash with 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 1
- Zeller and North Carolina cruise past App State Dec 17
- Hoyas bounce back with win over Appalachian State Dec 12
- Appalachian State hires Capel as new coach Apr 21
- Pacific topples Appalachian State 64-56 Mar 25