Northwestern State defeats Central Arkansas 82-76Feb 13, 2010 - 10:30 PM NATCHITOCHES, La.(AP) -- Devon Baker scored 24 points and Northwestern State defeated Central Arkansas 82-76 on Saturday.
The Demons (8-15, 3-7 Southland Conference) shot 52.6 percent from the field (32 of 60), and scored 26 points off 18 Bears turnovers.
Michael McConathy and Will Pratt added 12 points and William Mosley grabbed 12 rebounds for Northwestern State.
The Bears tied the game at 70 on Chris Poellnitz's layup with 3:22 to go, but had three turnovers the rest of the way. The Demons then used a 10-1 run to lead 80-71 on Dominic Knight's layup with 23 seconds left.
Jared Rehmel led five Central Arkansas players in double figures with 14 points. Carlos Dos Santos scored 13 points, Mitch Rueter and Poellintz added 12 each and Tadre Sheppard finished with 11 for the Bears.
Central Arkansas scored 54 points in the paint in its sixth loss in seven games.
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL ARK 76
NORTHWESTERN ST 82 FINAL
Feb 13 4:53 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL ARK 37
NORTHWESTERN ST 40 HALFTIME
Feb 13 3:49 PM
- Oklahoma dominates Northwestern State Nov 23
- Sooners return to action, hoping to exercise Demons Nov 23
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- Baylor outlasts Northwestern State in OT Dec 19
- No. 12 Baylor battles Northwestern State Dec 18
- Memphis makes short work of Northwestern State Dec 7
- Demons seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 7
- Florida powers past Northwestern State Mar 23
- Gators, Demons square off in South Region's second round Mar 21
- Northwestern State wins Southland Mar 17
- Demons, Lumberjacks duke it out for Southland crown Mar 16