Santa Clara defeats Pepperdine 62-54Feb 14, 2010 - 5:33 AM SANTA CLARA, Calif.(AP) -- Marc Trasolini scored 16 points and grabbed eight rebounds to lead Santa Clara over Pepperdine 62-54 on Saturday night.
Robert Smith scored 12 points for the Broncos (11-17, 3-8 West Coast Conference), while Raymond Cowels and Niyi Harrison scored 11 points apiece off the bench.
Keion Bell led Pepperdine (7-19, 3-7) with 25 points, while Michael Thompson scored 12 and Jonathan Dupre nine.
The Waves lost their seventh straight game and fell to 0-10 on the road.
After a 31-31 halftime tie, Santa Clara opened the second half with a 14-4 run, building a 45-36 lead with 11:49 remaining.
- Santa Clara hopes Sendek can lift team to WCC elite Mar 30
- Santa Clara hires Herb Sendek as new head coach Mar 29
- Santa Clara fires basketball coach Kerry Keating Mar 7
- Pepperdine extends Wilson Jun 5
- Gonzaga beats Pepperdine to reach WCC final Mar 10
- Bulldogs battle Waves in WCC semifinals Mar 9
- Gonzaga slips past Pepperdine in 2nd half Feb 14
- Waves hope to come crashing down on third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 14
- Gonzaga pulls away in second half, tops Santa Clara Feb 6
- Broncos face tall task in clash with second-ranked Bulldogs Feb 5
- No. 3 Gonzaga edges Pepperdine Jan 16
- Waves hope to wash away third-ranked Bulldogs Jan 15