Jacksonville defeats Stetson 69-54Feb 14, 2010 - 12:02 AM JACKSONVILLE, Fla.(AP) -- Ayron Hardy scored 19 points and Jacksonville beat Stetson for the fourth time in a row, 69-54 on Saturday.
Hardy missed only two shots, going 7-for-8 from the field and 5-for-6 from the foul line. Tevin Galvin added 13 points for the Dolphins (15-10, 11-5 Atlantic Sun Conference). Ben Smith, who entered the game averaging 19.8 points per game, was held to seven points after making only 1 of 8 field goal attempts. He missed all three of his 3-point attempts.
Leading 44-40 midway through the second half, the Dolphins went on a 10-0 run to put the game out of reach at 54-40 after a basket by Hardy with 8:53 remaining. The Dolphins led by double digits the rest of the way and held their largest lead at 67-51 after two free throws by Russell Powell with 1:07 to play.
A.J. Smith scored 22 points and Mark Lohuis added 10 for the Hatters (6-19, 4-13).
- Stetson makes intriguing run to A-Sun final against FGCU Mar 5
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Former Jacksonville basketball standout Morgan dies at 67 Jan 15
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Jacksonville takes down Thomas (Ga) 92-64 Nov 23
- Jacksonville turns to Jasick Apr 9
- No. 15 Florida cruises past Jacksonville Nov 25
- Sunshine State melee pits Gators against Dolphins Nov 25
- Irish beat up Stetson Nov 10
- No. 21 Notre Dame plays host to Stetson Nov 10
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Indiana dominates Jacksonville Dec 29