Neal, Delaware State defeat Bethune-Cookman 67-50Feb 14, 2010 - 12:02 AM DOVER, Del.(AP) -- Marcus Neal scored 17 points, including a pair of 3-pointers late in the first half, to lead Delaware State to a 67-50 victory over Bethune-Cookman on Saturday.
Neal's 3-pointer with 2:00 left in the half gave the Hornets (13-9, 8-3 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) a 32-27 lead, and he hit another with 37 seconds left for a 35-27 halftime lead.
Jay Threatt assisted on both shots and finished the game with 10 assists.
The Hornets' lead reached double figures when Frisco Sandidge's layup made it 49-39 with 11:45 remaining. Sandidge scored eight of his 14 points in the second half.
Kevin Dukes scored 12 points on four 3-pointers to lead the Wildcats (14-11, 6-5). He made two in the opening 2:38 to give Bethune-Cookman an 8-4 lead, and his other two came in the opening 1:01 of the second half to cut Delaware State's lead to 35-33.
- Delaware State beats D-III Summit U 93-44 for 1st win Jan 4
- Bethune-Cookman beats Trinity Baptist 108-54 in opener Nov 13
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- Delaware State fires Greg Jackson Jan 31
- No. 7 Oklahoma State demolishes Delaware State Dec 17
- Hornets hit road hoping to sting seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 17
- Dayton tops Delaware State Dec 4
- 25th-ranked Flyers set sights on Hornets Dec 4
- Norfolk State earns 1st NCAA tourney bid by besting Bethune-Cookman Mar 10
- MEAC title up for grabs in Winston-Salem Mar 10
- No. 6 Baylor stays perfect with win over Bethune-Cookman Dec 15