The Citadel beats Elon 77-72Feb 14, 2010 - 2:01 AM ELON, N.C.(AP) -- Cameron Wells recorded a double-double, scoring 20 points and pulling down 12 rebounds to lead The Citadel in a 77-72 win over Elon on Saturday.
Harrison DuPont added 18 points and Austin Dahn had 16 for the Bulldogs (14-12, 8-6 Southern Conference), who have won a season-high four straight games.
Dahn scored 15 of his points on five 3-pointers for the Bulldogs, who finished 7-for-14 from beyond the arc (50 percent). Elon also hit seven 3s as a team, but took 25 shots from long range (28 percent).
The Citadel trailed by three points at the break, but outscored the Phoenix 49-41 to seal it in the second half.
Adam Constantine paced the Phoenix (6-19, 4-10) with a double-double, scoring 24 points and grabbing 15 boards. Drew Spradlin added 18 points and Chris Long chipped in with 10. Elon has lost back-to-back games and four of the last six.
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Spartans seek redemption in clash with Bulldogs Dec 22
- Okafor's big night carries Duke over Elon Dec 15
- Duke gets back to work against Elon Dec 15
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- Davidson vs. Citadel moved to Monday due to storm Feb 11
- UMass continues winning ways, downs Elon Jan 18
- Minutemen meet Phoenix in non-league tussle Jan 18
- Duke routs Elon Dec 31
- Elon seeks upset of No. 7 Duke Dec 31
- Dinwiddie leads Colorado over Elon Dec 14
- No. 21 Colorado puts streak on the line against Elon Dec 13