Monmouth knocks off Wagner 76-67Feb 14, 2010 - 3:06 AM WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J.(AP) -- Travis Taylor scored a career-high 30 points and had eight rebounds to lead Monmouth (N.J.) to a 76-67 victory over Wagner on Saturday night.
Will Campbell added 16 points and Taylor went 14-for-18 from the foul line to help the Hawks (11-15, 7-7 Northeast Conference) end a three-game losing streak.
Monmouth trailed only once and led 15-5 just 8 minutes into the game. The Hawks pushed their lead to 40-28 on Mike Myers Keitt's layup 1 second before halftime.
They increased their advantage to 53-35 on Taylor's three-point play with 14:43 remaining.
Taylor scored seven of his points in a late 3-minute span as Monmouth held off a Wagner rally.
Ed Waite added 15 points for Monmouth, which shot 48.9 percent from the field (23-for-47) and 83.9 percent from the line (26-for-31).
Danny Mundweiler had 14 points and Tyler Murray 13 for Wagner (4-23, 2-12).
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Monmouth basketball coach King Rice has new 5-year contract Feb 26
- Born with broken ankle, Monmouth guard beating doubters Feb 18
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- GIF away, Monmouth! NCAA not stopping bench celebrations Dec 9
- Surprising Monmouth basketball winning and having fun Dec 3
- Syracuse destroys Monmouth Dec 8
- Hawks face tall task in clash with fourth-ranked Orange Dec 8
- No. 8 Syracuse downs Wagner in home opener Nov 18
- Wagner takes on No. 8 Syracuse Nov 18
- No. 20 Notre Dame dominates Monmouth Nov 12