Liberty defeats Gardner-Webb 69-61Feb 14, 2010 - 2:47 AM BOILING SPRINGS, N.C.(AP) -- Jeremy Anderson and Evan Gordon scored 17 points each to lead Liberty to a 69-61 victory over Gardner-Webb on Saturday night.
Anderson hit four 3-pointers and the Flames (13-13, 8-6 Big South Conference) used a 13-0 run in the second half to win for the second time in three games.
Liberty trailed 56-50 before scoring 13 consecutive points for a 63-56 lead with 2:37 to play. Kyle Ohman started the streak with two free throws, which were followed by Antwan Burrus' jumper and a 3-pointer from Chris Perez for a 57-56 lead. Gordon made two free throws and a layup and Burrus had three free throws for a seven-point margin.
Ohman finished with 12 and Burrus had 11 points. Jesse Sanders had 10 rebounds and 10 assists for Liberty.
Anton Silver scored 17 points, Grayson Flittner had 11 and Auryn MacMillan added 10 points for Gardner-Webb (7-18, 4-11).
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- Arizona runs away from Gardner-Webb in second half Dec 2
- Bulldogs hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 2
- Duke takes care of Gardner-Webb Dec 16
- Runnin' Bulldogs seek upset of mighty Blue Devils Dec 16
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- No. 11 North Carolina handles Gardner-Webb Nov 9
- New-look Tar Heels tip off season against Runnin' Bulldogs Nov 9