Coastal Carolina defeats Radford 52-51Feb 14, 2010 - 2:36 AM RADFORD, Va.(AP) -- Danny Nieman hit a free throw with 1 second remaining and Coastal Carolina beat Radford 52-51 on Saturday night.
The Chanticleers (22-5, 12-3 Big South Conference) survived a 15-0 run by Radford that saw a 38-21 lead shrink to 38-36 with 13:10 to play. Coastal built the lead back up to seven points before Lazar Trifunovic tied the game at 51-51 on two free throws with 17 seconds remaining.
Mario Edwards scored 13 points and Chad Gray added 12 for the Chanticleers, who remain atop the Big South. The loss snapped a three-game winning streak for the second-place Highlanders (14-11, 10-5).
The Chanticleers shot 15.8 percent from the field (3-for-19) in the second half. Radford made 52.6 percent (10-for-19) of its shots in the second half and was 18-for-45 (40 percent) for the game.
Art Parakhouski had 16 points and Trifunovic added 13 for the Highlanders.
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- NCAA punishes Radford for violations Feb 24
- Kentucky rolls over Radford Nov 23
- Radford faces tall task in clash with No. 2 Kentucky Nov 23
- UNC-Asheville tops Coastal Carolina for Big South title Mar 5