Casey paces Harvard over Brown 81-67Feb 14, 2010 - 3:25 AM PROVIDENCE, R.I.(AP) -- Kyle Casey scored 27 points to lead Harvard to an 81-67 victory over Brown on Saturday night.
The freshman forward made 8 of 9 shots from the field and was 3-for-3 on 3-pointers as the Crimson (17-5, 6-2 Ivy League) used a 19-5 run to turn a 44-38 second-half deficit into a 57-49 lead with 11:22 remaining.
The Bears (8-17, 2-6) got within 61-58 with 8:27 left, but Harvard pulled away with a 13-2 run that included nine points by Casey.
Christian Webster added 16 points and Doug Miller 12 for Harvard, whose win total matches the second best in school history.
Peter Sullivan scored 21 points and Garrett Leffelman 16 to lead Brown, which was outrebounded 36-19 by the Crimson.
Harvard trails Cornell by one game in the Ivy League and hosts the Big Red on Friday night.
- NCAA BB
BROWN 67 FINAL
Feb 13 8:52 PM
- NCAA BB
BROWN 35 HALFTIME
Feb 13 7:47 PM
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown back for No. 10 SMU Jan 11
- Larry Brown not on No. 15 SMU bench after halftime Jan 10
- SMU's Brown set for return after 9-game NCAA suspension Dec 21
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- SMU opener marks start of Larry Brown's NCAA suspension Nov 12
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Cal freshmen stars Brown, Rabb focused on school first Oct 29
- Top recruit Jaylen Brown picks Cal May 1
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19