Denver 59, North Texas 64Feb 14, 2010 - 4:06 AM DENTON, Texas (AP) -- Josh White scored 17 points and North Texas defeated Denver, 64-59, in Sun Belt Conference play on Saturday night.
Shannon Shorter scored 13 points on 6 of 8 shooting for the Mean Green (17-8, 10-5), who now have a four-game winning streak and move into first place in the Sun Belt Conference. Eric Tramiel added 11 points.
The Pioneers (14-11, 7-7) were led by Brian Stafford's 22 points. Chase Hallam had 11 points.
Despite shooting just 3 for 14 (21.4 percent) from 3, the Mean Green still manage to knock down 18 of 36 (50.0 percent) from the field. The Pioneers hit 11 of 20 (55.0 percent) from 3.
North Texas led by as many as 12 in the first half, but only went into the half leading 28-24. The second half saw no team take a larger lead than five. Denver led by as many as four with 10:10 left to play. The game was tied nine different times and had eight lead changes.
- NCAA BB
NORTH TEXAS 64 FINAL
Feb 13 10:23 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH TEXAS 28 HALFTIME
Feb 13 9:10 PM
- University of Denver hires Rodney Billups as coach Mar 14
- Denver fires coach Joe Scott after 9 seasons Mar 11
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- Rosga, Denver beat Omaha, advance to Summit League semis Mar 7
- Northern Iowa tops Denver on 30 shots Dec 10
- Panthers hit road to take on Pioneers Dec 10
- Qualls leads Arkansas over North Texas Nov 29
- Razorbacks hope to continue fast start against Mean Green Nov 28
- McDermott leads Bluejays past North Texas Nov 10
- North Texas pays visit to No. 16 Creighton Nov 9
- Benford named North Texas head coach Apr 25
- WKU wins Sun Belt bid, goes dancing at 15-18 Mar 7