Middle Tennessee routs Houston Baptist 109-79Feb 14, 2010 - 4:00 AM MURFREESBORO, Tenn.(AP) -- James Washington scored 34 points and made 10 3-pointers, and Middle Tennessee routed Houston Baptist 109-79 on Saturday night.
Washington was 10-for-17 from the field -- all 3-pointers -- and was 4-for-4 from the foul line.
It was the most points scored by the Blue Raiders since they beat Bryan College 115-59 in the 2001 season opener. Desmond Yates added 20 points and J.T. Sulton had 10 for the Blue Raiders (16-11), who have won three games in a row.
The Blue Raiders shot 56.8 percent from the field (42-for-74) and scored 36 points off 30 Houston Baptist turnovers. Hayes had five of the Blue Raiders' 15 steals.
Andrew Gonzalez had 19 points, Miles Dixon scored 15, Mario Flaherty ahd 11 and Wendell Preasom 10 for Houston Baptist (6-18).
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26
- Houston Baptist tops NCCAA Crowley's Ridge 102-62 Nov 16
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- Bluejays and Blue Raiders meet in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 29
- Michigan buries Houston Baptist Dec 7
- Huskies come calling on 22nd-ranked Wolverines Dec 7
- No. 16 Florida races past Middle Tennessee Nov 22
- Blue Raiders put perfect mark on line against 16th-ranked Gators Nov 21
- Hail to the Gaels; Saint Mary's tops MTSU to gain Memphis matchup Mar 20