Troy slips past Florida International 81-78Feb 14, 2010 - 4:34 AM TROY, Ala.(AP) -- Michael Vogler scored 19 points and Troy rallied to beat Florida International 81-78 on Saturday night.
Four other players scored in double figures for the Trojans (14-11, 9-5 Sun Belt Conference). Brandon Hazzard added 18 points, Richard Delk had 13 and Antywan Jones finished with 10. Yamene Coleman also scored 10 points and grabbed 12 rebounds.
Troy led by 10 points in the first half and held a 48-40 advantage before the Panthers went on a 17-6 run to grab a 57-54 lead after a layup by Marvin Roberts with 12:22 to play.
The lead changed hands three more times as neither team led by more than four points the rest of the way.
Two free throws by Hazzard gave Troy the lead for good at 76-75 with 3:47 remaining.
Marvin Roberts scored 27 points, Phil Gary added 12, Weaver had 11 and JC Otero 10 for the Panthers (7-21, 4-11).
- NCAA BB
TROY 81 FINAL
Feb 13 10:16 PM
- NCAA BB
TROY 45 HALFTIME
Feb 13 8:56 PM
- No. 5 Louisville powers past FIU Dec 5
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Cardinals Dec 5
- Smith powers Louisville to blowout of FIU Dec 22
- Cardinals fly south to take on Panthers Dec 21
- FIU tabs Evans as head coach Apr 16
- Troy names Cunningham new men's basketball coach Mar 26
- Western Kentucky wins back-to-back Sun Belt titles Mar 12
- Hilltoppers and Panthers duke it out for Sun Belt crown Mar 11
- Louisville blows past FIU Dec 20
- Panthers hope to claw their way past fifth-ranked Cardinals Dec 19
- FIU tabs Richard Pitino as head coach Apr 16
- Isiah Thomas out as FIU hoops coach Apr 6