Jackson St. 51, Prairie View 44Feb 14, 2010 - 4:48 AM PRARIE VIEW, Texas (AP) -- Garrison Johnson scored 20 points and Jackson State won its seventh straight game with a 51-44 come-from-behind victory Saturday over Prarie View A&M.
The Tigers (13-11, 11-1 Southwestern) trailed 38-31 with 11:02 remaining before going on a 13-0 run over the next 5 minutes to go on top 44-38. Johnson and Tyrone Hanson - who finished with 12 points - each had five points during the run.
Darnell Hugee led Prarie View A&M (12-10, 7-4) with 13 points but missed two one-and-one free-throw attempts during Jackson's State's second-half run and finished 5 for 12 from the free-throw line. The Panthers had their problems shooting, hitting only 30.6 percent from the field (15 for 49) and 10 percent (2 for 20) on 3-point attempts.
Jackson State won despite committing 17 turnovers and going 9 for 22 from the free-throw line.
- NCAA BB
JACKSON ST 51
PRAIRIE VIEW 44 FINAL
Feb 13 10:48 PM
- NCAA BB
JACKSON ST 22
PRAIRIE VIEW 26 HALFTIME
Feb 13 9:43 PM
- Prairie View coach Rimm resigns with Panthers 1-18 Jan 27
- Texas Southern ends Prairie View's Cinderella run, wins SWAC Mar 15
- SWAC title up for grabs in clash between Panthers and Tigers Mar 15
- Wisconsin takes care of Prairie View A&M Dec 28
- Memphis outlasts Jackson State Dec 28
- Jackson State seeks upset of No. 17 Memphis Dec 28
- Panthers face uphill climb in clash with fourth-ranked Badgers Dec 28
- Brent takes over as new Jackson State coach Mar 25
- Southern outlasts Prairie View A&M in SWAC title game Mar 16
- SWAC title on line in bout between Panthers and Jaguars Mar 16
- Baylor eases past Jackson State Nov 11
- Jackson State battles No. 19 Baylor Nov 11