UC Irvine takes down UC Davis 69-67Feb 14, 2010 - 5:38 AM IRVINE, Calif.(AP) -- Darren Moore scored a game-high 21 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead UC Irvine to a 69-67 win over UC Davis on Saturday night.
The Anteaters (11-15, 4-8 Big West) snapped a four-game losing streak against the Aggies (10-14, 6-6), beating them for the first time since the 2007-08 season.
Michael Hunter finished with 19 points for the Anteaters, which took a 29-22 scoring advantage in the second half to come back from a 40-45 deficit at the break.
Todd Lowenthal and Dominic Calegari each scored 13 points for the Aggies, while Ryan Sypkens and Julian Welch each added 12.
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19
- Oregon thumps UC Irvine, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- Anteaters face tall task in clash with undefeated Ducks Dec 17
- UC Irvine coach Turner lands contract extension Nov 7
- Gill leads Pacific to victory in Big West Conference final Mar 17
- Anteaters meet Tigers with Big West tourney title on line Mar 16