Duquesne defeats La Salle 103-82Feb 14, 2010 - 10:26 PM PITTSBURGH(AP) -- Bill Clark scored a career-high 34 points, and reached 1,000 for his career, in Duquesne's 103-82 win over La Salle on Sunday.
The Dukes (13-12, 4-7 Atlantic 10 Conference) scored 37 points off 28 turnovers, including four by the Explorers during a key run.
La Salle led 58-56 with 17:02 left in the first half, before three turnovers by Jerrell Williams and one by Parrish Grant helped lead to a 9-0 Duquesne run.
Damian Saunders' dunk put the Dukes up for good, 65-58 with 14:42 left.
Melquan Bolding scored 24 points and Saunders added 13 points and 14 rebounds and five blocks for Duquesne, which shot 55.9 percent from the field in the second half (19 of 43).
Rodney Green scored 27 points and Aaric Murray and Weingarten added 13 each for the Explorers (11-13, 3-7).
La Salle, which led by as much as 43-31 with 6:34 left in the first half, lost its fourth straight.
- Duquesne overcomes poor shooting to beat Robert Morris 72-65 Dec 19
- Ferry gets extension at Duquesne Jun 30
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- La Salle downs slumping VCU in double OT Feb 11
- Explorers seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Feb 11
- VCU holds on to down Duquesne Jan 18
- Dukes seek upset of 17th-ranked Rams Jan 17
- No. 10 Villanova tops Big 5 rival La Salle Dec 4
- La Salle seeks upset of No. 10 Villanova Dec 3
- Brogdon and Virginia down La Salle Nov 29
- Explorers seek upset of eighth-ranked Cavaliers Nov 28