Bucknell defeats Holy Cross 68-63Feb 14, 2010 - 10:27 PM LEWISBURG, Pa.(AP) -- Darryl Shazier scored a career-high 27 points to lead Bucknell to a 68-63 victory over Holy Cross on Sunday.
Shazier, who entered averaging 9.8 points, was 9-for-13 from the field and hit four 3-pointers to help the Bison (11-15, 6-4 Patriot League) gain a split in the season series with Holy Cross, which defeated Bucknell 82-69 on Jan. 16.
Shazier's three-point play gave the Bison a 30-22 lead with 3:44 left in the first half. They widened the margin to 50-35 on Bryan Cohen's 3-pointer with 13:46 to play in the game and went up 57-37 on Patrick Behan's free throw with 8:22 remaining.
Holy Cross (7-18, 4-6) cut the lead to 62-54 on Devin Brown's 3-pointer with 2:41, but never seriously challenged.
Cohen and Joe Willman added 11 points each for Bucknell.
Brown scored 19, Mike Cavataio had 17 and R.J. Evans added 13 points for Holy Cross.
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Holy Cross visits Brown to open CIT Mar 17