Mississippi Valley State defeats Southern U. 54-48Feb 16, 2010 - 1:23 AM BATON ROUGE, La.(AP) -- Cor-J Cox scored 12 of his 17 points in the second half and Mississippi Valley State rallied to beat Southern University 54-48 on Monday night.
The Delta Devils (7-19, 6-7 Southwestern Athletic Conference) used a 22-4 second-half run and held the Jaguars to 22.6 percent shooting after halftime (7 of 34).
MVSU took its first lead, 46-45, on Cox's layup with 4:11 left, as part of the spurt which lasted slightly more than 13 minutes.
The Delta Devils, who finished with 12 turnovers, had just three in the second half, compared to seven by Southern (4-20, 3-9).
Amos Studivant scored 12 points, Julius Cheeks 11 and Shannon Behling added 10 rebounds for MVSU.
Southern U. outscored MVSU 11-6 in the final 5:09 of the first half, building a 32-22 halftime lead.
Bobby Lee scored 12 points for the Jaguars, who lost their fourth straight.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Samford tops VMI in OT, 92-85, advances in SoCon tourney Mar 4
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- No. 9 Iowa State crushes Mississippi Valley Dec 31
- Cyclones go in search of two milestone wins Dec 31
- No. 22 Baylor survives scare against Southern Dec 22
- Iowa State takes care of Southern Dec 15
- Cyclones hope to blow past visiting Jaguars Dec 14
- Payne named Mississippi Valley men's basketball coach Jul 11
- Baylor routs Southern Dec 22