Wisconsin-Milwaukee tops Youngstown State 64-62Feb 16, 2010 - 3:38 AM MILWAUKEE(AP) -- James Eayrs scored 22 points and Ricky Franklin added 19 to lift Wisconsin-Milwaukee to a 64-62 victory over Youngstown State Monday night.
From a tie game with 12 minutes left, the Panthers (15-12, 7-8 Horizon) opened up a 13-point lead with 2:38 to play. But the Penguins (8-18, 2-14) came close to coming back all the way, as DeAndre Mays made three 3-pointers, the last with 4 seconds remaining to make it 63-62. Ryan Haggerty made a free throw for Wisconsin-Milwaukee to close out the scoring.
Mays led all scorers with 23 points and Vytas Sulskis finished with 12 for Youngstown State.
The Panthers controlled the boards 46-36 and made up for 31 percent shooting from the field with 25 free throws in 39 attempts. The Penguins got to the foul line 19 times, making 12.
- NCAA BB
YOUNGSTOWN ST 62
WISC MILWAUKEE 64 FINAL
Feb 15 10:13 PM
- NCAA BB
YOUNGSTOWN ST 31
WISC MILWAUKEE 28 HALFTIME
Feb 15 8:57 PM
- Milwaukee hires Michigan assistant LaVall Jordan as coach Apr 7
- Fired Milwaukee coach Rob Jeter: It's been a difficult day Mar 17
- Youngstown State beats Robert Morris 65-58 Dec 2
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Wisconsin rolls over Milwaukee Dec 10
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 10
- Wisconsin-Milwaukee banned from postseason Apr 9
- Strong second half sends Villanova past Milwaukee Mar 21
- East Regional action sets Wildcats against Panthers Mar 20
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11
- Brust, Badgers take down Milwaukee Dec 11