New Mexico State rolls past Hawaii 88-64Feb 16, 2010 - 4:42 AM LAS CRUCES, N.M.(AP) -- Three New Mexico State players scored 18 points each and the Aggies defeated Hawaii 88-64 Monday night.
Guards Jahmar Young and Jonathan Gibson and forward Troy Gillenwater shared the scoring honors for New Mexico State (16-9, 9-3 Western Athletic).
The Aggies' biggest lead was 29 points, just past the midway point of the second half. They shot 11 of 27 (40.7 percent) from 3-point range and scored 28 points off 18 Hawaii turnovers.
Leading 42-27 at halftime, the Aggies outscored Hawaii 9-0 to open the second half.
Hawaii (9-16, 2-10) lost its seventh consecutive game. Guard Roderick Flemings led the Rainbow Warriors with 25 points on 8-of-21 shooting and 11 rebounds.
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- Hawaii guard Aaron Valdes to turn professional Apr 7
- No. 13 seed Hawaii to play 4th-seeded Maryland Mar 19
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- U of Hawaii appeals NCAA men's basketball postseason ban Jan 6
- NCAA puts University of Hawaii men's basketball on probation Dec 22
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15