William & Mary beats George Mason 63-60Feb 17, 2010 - 2:46 AM FAIRFAX, Va.(AP) -- Quinn McDowell scored 19 points and William & Mary overcame an 11-point deficit in a 63-60 win over George Mason on Tuesday night.
David Schneider, who scored 11 of his 15 points in the second half for the Tribe (19-7, 11-5 Colonial Athletic Association), hit two free throws with 2 seconds remaining to seal it.
George Mason's Cam Long couldn't sink a half-court heave as the Tribe escaped with their fourth straight win, tying the Patriots for third in the CAA. It was just the second win by William & Mary in the last 14 series meetings.
Kevin Foster scored a career-high 22 points off the bench for the Patriots (16-11, 11-5), but it was not enough to prevent the Tribe from erasing a 36-25 halftime deficit and snapping George Mason's 18-game conference home winning streak.
Long, the Patriots' leading scorer, finished with three points - going 0-for-6 from the field.
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 63
GEORGE MASON 60 FINAL
Feb 16 8:59 PM
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 25
GEORGE MASON 36 HALFTIME
Feb 16 7:50 PM
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach Mar 30
- George Mason dismisses Paul Hewitt Mar 16
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Short-handed VCU handles George Mason Feb 5
- George Mason entertains No. 18 Virginia Commonwealth Feb 4
- Oklahoma downs George Mason Dec 31
- 18th-ranked Sooners play host to Patriots Dec 31
- Tokoto, No. 19 UNC drop William & Mary Dec 30
- New-look Gators pound William & Mary Nov 15
- Tribe visit seventh-ranked Gators to tip off season Nov 14