Georgia State edges James Madison 77-72Feb 17, 2010 - 2:58 AM ATLANTA(AP) -- Joe Dukes scored 25 points to lead Georgia State to a 77-72 victory over James Madison on Tuesday night.
Trey Hampton added 19 points as the Panthers (11-17, 5-11 Colonial Athletic Association) won for the second time in eight games.
Georgia State took the lead for good on Hampton's layup with 3:30 to play, but the Panthers never led by more than five points, with James Madison cutting the deficit to 74-72 on Denzel Bowles' two free throws with 31 seconds to play.
Dukes hit two free throws and James Vincent hit one to seal it.
The game featured 16 ties and neither team led by more than six.
Dukes and Hampton helped offset Bowles, who scored 34 points and had nine rebounds. He went 12-for-19 from the field and 10-for-13 from the line.
Jihad Ali scored 13 and Ousman Krubally added 11 for Georgia State.
Julius Wells scored 18 for James Madison (11-16, 4-12).
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA ST 77 FINAL
Feb 16 8:59 PM
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA ST 38 HALFTIME
Feb 16 7:50 PM
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Georgia State's R.J. Hunter to enter NBA Draft Mar 30
- Xavier downs Georgia State, reaches Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Panthers seek another upset in clash with Musketeers Mar 21
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- Georgia State coach injured in celebration Mar 15
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Georgia State's Thomas declared ineligible Dec 8
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28