Hofstra knocks off Delaware 82-69Feb 17, 2010 - 3:14 AM NEWARK, Del.(AP) -- Charles Jenkins scored 30 points and had seven rebounds to lead Hofstra to an 82-69 victory over Delaware on Tuesday night.
Jenkins and teammate Cornelius Vines, who scored 18 points, each hit five 3-pointers as the Pride (15-13, 8-8 Colonial Athletic Association) shot 45.8 percent from beyond the arc (11-for-24).
Hofstra took the lead midway through the first half and extended it to 31-18 on two free throws by Jenkins with 3:58 left. It was the Pride's largest advantage until Jenkins hit a 3-pointer for another 13-point lead, this one at 80-67, with 3:35 to play.
Jawan Carter, the CAA's second leading scorer at 18.3 points a game, led Delaware (7-20, 3-13) with 18 points and nine assists. He's led the Blue Hens in scoring for eight consecutive games.
Alphonso Dawson had 16 points and Adam Pegg and Hakim McCullar added 10 points each for Delaware.
- NCAA BB
DELAWARE 69 FINAL
Feb 16 8:52 PM
- NCAA BB
DELAWARE 27 HALFTIME
Feb 16 7:50 PM
- Hofstra, Mihalich agree to extension Apr 29
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- Hofstra's Nichols to miss rest of season Jan 26
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24
- Hofstra's rise close to being complete Oct 22
- Hofstra coach Mihalich agrees to extension Jun 1
- Villanova routs Delaware Nov 30
- Undefeated Wildcats entertain hapless Blue Hens Nov 30
- Delaware's Threatt kicked off team Jun 10
- Payne stars as Michigan State dumps Delaware in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Spartans begin tournament against Blue Hens Mar 20
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11