E. Illinois beats Tennessee-Martin 83-68Feb 17, 2010 - 4:24 AM MARTIN, Tenn.(AP) -- Zavier Sanders scored 16 points, leading four Eastern Illinois players in double figures as the Panthers beat Tennessee-Martin 83-68 on Tuesday night.
Jeremy Granger and James Hollowell added 13 points apiece while TJ Marion had 11 for the Panthers (15-11, 9-7 Ohio Valley Conference), who have won a season-high four straight games.
While the teams were close in multiple statistical categories, the Panthers shot 55.9 percent from the floor (33-for-59) compared to a 44 percent mark (22-for-50) for the Skyhawks.
Eastern Illinois also scored 24 points off of 19 Tennessee-Martin turnovers.
The Skyhawks led 18-15 midway through the first half, but Jay Smith's 3 sparked a 16-5 Panthers run and they never trailed again.
Marquis Weddle scored 18 points, including four 3-pointers, to lead the Skyhawks (4-22, 1-15). Tennessee-Martin has lost six of seven.
- NCAA BB
EASTRN ILLINOIS 83
UT MARTIN 68 FINAL
Feb 16 9:50 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTRN ILLINOIS 35
UT MARTIN 25 HALFTIME
Feb 16 8:44 PM
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- Tennesse-Martin hoops coach James won't return Mar 3
- Wright, Cincinnati down UT-Martin Nov 11
- Bearcats battle Skyhawks to begin 2012-13 campaign Nov 11
- Eastern Illinois names Jay Spoonhour head coach Apr 6
- Eastern Illinois not renewing HC Mike Miller's contract Feb 27
- Murray State remains perfect in win over Skyhawks Feb 4
- Murray State stays perfect with win over Eastern Illinois Jan 29
- Panthers come to Murray seeking upset of 11th-ranked Racers Jan 28