Longwood sinks Southern Virginia 96-77Feb 18, 2010 - 2:24 AM FARMVILLE, Va.(AP) -- Kevin Swecker scored a season-high 19 points, leading six Longwood players in double figures, as the Lancers eased past Southern Virginia of the NAIA 96-77 on Wednesday night.
Dana Smith added 17 points, Martiz Washington 14 and Aaron Mitchell 13 for the Lancers (10-17), who shot a season-high 58.5 percent from the floor (38-for-65). Antwan Carter and E.J. Dawson also had 12 points apiece.
The Knights shot 54.9 percent (28-for-51) but turned the ball over 19 times, which led to 26 points for Longwood. The Lancers also outscored the Knights on second-chance points, 19-0.
Southern Virginia stayed close and pulled within 38-34 on a Bryce Pendleton 3-pointer with 4:14 left before halftime. But the Lancers got back-to-back 3s from Dawson and Washington, putting together a 15-0 run into the break and cruised from there.
Pendleton had 20 points for the Knights (12-8).
- Gillian resigns as Longwood men's hoops coach Mar 14
- Porter, Georgetown rout Longwood Dec 10
- Georgetown plays host to Longwood Dec 10
- No. 14 Creighton soars past Longwood Nov 21
- Longwood faces long odds in clash with No. 14 Creighton Nov 20
- Simpson scores 22 as Hampton beats Longwood 95-81 Mar 1
- Longwood knocks off NC Central 83-69 Feb 25
- Curtis leads James Madison past Longwood 96-86 Feb 22
- Longwood starts quickly, tops Savannah State 68-54 Feb 20
- North Carolina Central defeats Longwood 81-78 Feb 13
- Longwood defeats Virginia Intermont 101-66 Feb 11