Xavier beats Saint Joseph's 88-52Feb 18, 2010 - 3:17 AM By JOE KAY AP Sports Writer
CINCINNATI(AP) -- Jason Love had his seventh double-double Wednesday night with 15 points and 12 rebounds, helping Xavier dominate upfront in an 88-52 victory over Saint Joseph's that kept the Musketeers in a pack of three teams atop the Atlantic 10.
Xavier (18-7, 9-2) won its 30th consecutive A10 home game, the second-longest streak in league history. The Musketeers have won their last 22 overall at home, tied for the third-longest active streak in Division I. The three-time defending regular-season champs are a half-game behind No. 25 Richmond (10-2) and tied with No. 21 Temple (9-2) in first place.
Jamel McLean added 14 points and nine rebounds. Xavier dominated the boards 53-17 against the conference's worst rebounding team. Garrett Williamson led Saint Joseph's (9-17, 3-9) with 17 points.
- No NBA: Trevon Bluiett staying at Xavier for junior season May 23
- Xavier gives coach Chris Mack an additional year on contract Apr 14
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- No. 5 Xavier looking to fix defense at Big East tournament Mar 7
- No. 5 Xavier in running for high NCAA tournament seed Feb 25
- Big East's top 2 teams set for high-stakes rematch at Xavier Feb 23
- Saint Joseph's flying high as Atlantic 10 contenders Feb 19
- Saint Joseph's rolls to 75-60 win over Penn Jan 20