Muonelo, Oklahoma State hold off Iowa State 69-64Feb 18, 2010 - 3:15 AM By LUKE MEREDITH AP Sports Writer
AMES, Iowa(AP) -- Obi Muonelo scored a season-high 31 points and Oklahoma State hung on to beat Iowa State 69-64 on Wednesday night, snapping a two-game road losing streak.
James Anderson added 20 points for the Cowboys (18-7, 6-5 Big 12), who blew an early 20-point lead but rallied behind Muonelo, who scored 25 points in the second half.
Iowa State pulled within 67-64 with 20 seconds left, and the Cyclones had the ball. But freshman Chris Colvin tossed an inbounds pass out of bounds, and Anderson hit two free throws to ice the victory.
Oklahoma State led by as much as 36-16, but the Cyclones rallied to grab a 50-47 edge with 12 minutes left.
Scott Christopherson had 19 points for Iowa State (13-13, 2-9), which lost its fifth straight.
- NCAA BB
OKLAHOMA ST 69
IOWA ST 64 FINAL
Feb 17 10:03 PM
- NCAA BB
OKLAHOMA ST 37
IOWA ST 30 HALFTIME
Feb 17 8:53 PM
- Oklahoma Stare adds Gentry to basketball coaching staff May 11
- Malou heading to NBA draft without playing for Iowa St May 11
- Iowa State signs pair of transfer big men May 9
- Iowa State guard Naz Mitrou-Long granted hardship waiver Apr 29
- Iowa State recruit Malou to explore professional options Apr 25
- Ex-Iowa State athlete sues school over response to rape case Apr 13
- Iowa State signs prep forward Cameron Lard Apr 13
- Iowa St point guard Monte Morris to return for senior season Apr 8
- Cyclones' season starts with Final 4 hopes, ends in Sweet 16 Mar 26
- Iowa State struggles early, falls to Virginia 84-71 Mar 26
- Styles clash in Sweet 16 match between Virginia, Iowa State Mar 24
- Oklahoma State introduces new coach Underwood Mar 23