Wichita State defeats Evansville, 76-70 OTFeb 18, 2010 - 3:46 AM WICHITA, Kan.(AP) -- Wichita State's J.T. Durley and Clevin Hannah combined to score 23 of their 27 points after halftime as the Shockers held off Evansville 76-70 in overtime on Wednesday night.
Wichita State (22-6, 11-5 Missouri Valley) barely avoided a second loss to Evansville (7-19, 1-15).
The Aces were led by freshman Ned Cox, who scored 21 of his 23 points after halftime.
Wichita State led 56-48 with 2:17 remaining in regulation, but Evansville rallied. Three Colt Ryan free throws, a Cox 3-pointer and Cox driving bank shot pulled the Aces within 57-56 with 36.9 seconds to play.
Trailing 58-56, Cox was fouled on a long 3-point attempt just before the buzzer, and he made two of the three free throws to force overtime.
Hannah and Durley hit 3-pointers in the first three minutes of overtime, helping the Shockers take a 66-60 lead. The Shockers finally sealed the win at the free-throw line.
- NCAA BB
WICHITA ST 76 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 17 10:32 PM
- NCAA BB
WICHITA ST 58 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Feb 17 10:03 PM
- NCAA BB
WICHITA ST 26 HALFTIME
Feb 17 8:57 PM
- Wichita State Shockers face Miami, ready to keep on shocking Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Wichita State back healthy, faces Vanderbilt in First Four Mar 15
- No. 22 Wichita St uses balanced scoring to top Loyola 80-54 Jan 28
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- Winter storm forces New Mexico St-Wichita St postponement Dec 28
- Wichita State says F Grady's back injury improving Nov 28
- Grady hurt in No. 20 Wichita State loss to Alabama Nov 27
- No. 10 Shockers enter season with high expectations again Nov 3
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Marshall staying at Wichita State with new deal Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2