Brown's late basket helps Utah beat UNLV 66-61Feb 18, 2010 - 5:41 AM SALT LAKE CITY(AP) -- Carlon Brown scored 18 points, including the go-ahead basket with 1:39 to play, and Utah outlasted UNLV 66-61 on Wednesday night.
Marshall Henderson, who had 10 points, made two free throws with 17 seconds remaining to clinch the series sweep of the Rebels (19-7, 7-5 Mountain West).
Tre'Von Willis scored 32 points on 11-of-19 shooting but missed on two attempts in the final minute as the Rebels dropped their third game in a row.
The Utes (12-13, 5-6), led by Brown's 8-of-12 shooting, made 53 percent of their attempts to become just the second team this season to hit more than half their shots against the Rebels' pressure defense.
Utah never trailed, but couldn't put UNLV away until the final moments because of 16 turnovers that led to 22 Rebel points, and 9-of-17 shooting from the free-throw line.
- Menzies adds 3 more to UNLV recruiting class May 19
- UNLV's Menzies fills out staff with 3 hires May 5
- UNLV approves $3.75 million contract for Marvin Menzies Apr 22
- UNLV hires Menzies as basketball coach after Beard bolts Apr 17
- Utah center Jakob Poeltl declares for NBA draft Apr 13
- UNLV introduces Chris Beard as Runnin' Rebels coach Apr 8
- UNLV hires Little Rock's Chris Beard as next coach Mar 28
- Gonzaga's Sabonis gets best of Utah's Poeltl Mar 20
- Air up there: Zags, Utah features rare meeting of big men Mar 18
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Seniors Taylor, Loveridge have No. 13 Utah rolling to finish Mar 3
- UNLV freshman Jones Jr. ineligible for rest of the season Mar 2