Western Kentucky defeats South Alabama 99-69Feb 19, 2010 - 3:19 AM BOWLING GREEN, Ky.(AP) -- A.J. Slaughter scored a career-high 31 points as Western Kentucky routed South Alabama 99-69 on Thursday night.
Slaughter scored 21 points in the first half as Western Kentucky (16-12, 9-6 Sun Belt Conference) jumped out to a 53-30 halftime lead. The Hilltoppers shot 64 percent in the first half (16-for-25) and 53.1 percent for the game (34-for-64), going 14-for-32 from beyond the arc.
Slaughter hit six 3-pointers and was 10-for-16 from the field. Sergio Kerusch and Steffphon Pettigrew each had 13 points.
The Hilltoppers, who led by as many as 33 points, had a season-high 25 assists with Jamal Crook leading the way with seven. Kerusch had 10 rebounds as they outrebounded the Jaguars 43-24.
Western Kentucky's bench outscored South Alabama's reserves 42-5.
Tim Williams led South Alabama (15-13, 7-9) with 21 points.
- No. 17 Miami returns home to beat South Alabama Nov 28
- Miami tries to avoid upset in clash with South Alabama Nov 28
- Gonzaga defeats South Alabama Dec 15
- South Alabama hits road to challenge No. 20 Gonzaga Dec 14
- South Alabama names Graves new basketball coach Mar 25
- South Alabama's Arrow retires Dec 19
- South Alabama upends No. 25 Florida State Nov 10
- South Alabama comes calling on No. 25 Florida State Nov 9
- No. 25 Florida State routs South Alabama Nov 20
- No.25 Florida State plays host to South Alabama Nov 20
- Troy recovers to defeat Western Kentucky 54-48 Mar 8
- Western Kentucky rallies late for 65-64 victory Mar 7