Watson's 20 points lead Idaho past Seattle 82-72Feb 19, 2010 - 5:53 AM MOSCOW, Idaho(AP) -- Kashif Watson scored 20 points Thursday night to lead Idaho to an 82-72 victory over Seattle and a sweep of the season series.
Marvin Jefferson had 16 points and a team-high eight rebounds for the Vandals (13-12), who won this nonconference matchup and have won five of their last seven games. Mac Hopson added 15 points and Luiz Toledo 10.
Chris Gweth led the Redhawks (13-14) with team bests of 15 points and eight rebounds. Charles Garcia scored 14 and Taylor Olson 11.
Idaho made 28 of 49 shots (57.1 percent) to just 26 of 68 (38.2 percent) for Seattle and held a 41-32 rebounding advantage.
The Vandals, who led 38-28 at halftime, have won the last five meetings, including 87-85 on Jan. 30 in Seattle.
The Redhawks need to win three of their final four games to clinch their fifth consecutive winning season.
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- New Mexico State wins 3rd straight WAC title Mar 16
- Vandals and Aggies to decide WAC Tournament champion Mar 15
- Idaho will return to Big Sky Conference Oct 19
- Scott's 33 helps Virginia escape Seattle with win Dec 22
- No. 24 Cavaliers take on Redhawks in Seattle Dec 21
- Idaho hands No. 21 Utah State first WAC loss Feb 10
- Nevada rolls past Idaho 87-71 in WAC quarterfinal Mar 12
- Seattle's Garcia declares for NBA draft Mar 8
- Johnson leads Idaho past Hawaii 78-69 Mar 6