Oregon State upends Pac-10 leader Cal, 80-64Feb 19, 2010 - 6:11 AM CORVALLIS, Ore.(AP) -- Roeland Schaftenaar tied a season high with 22 points to lead Oregon State to an 80-64 victory over Pac-10 leader California on Thursday night.
Seth Tarver added 16 points and seven assists for the Beavers (12-13, 6-7), who took an early 7-5 advantage and led the rest of the game.
Theo Robertson had 15 points and Patrick Christopher 12 for the Golden Bears (17-9, 9-5), whose lead in the conference is down to half a game.
Joe Burton's 3-pointer with 12:56 remaining capped a 9-2 Oregon State run that gave the Beavers a 52-40 lead. It was Burton's first attempt of the season from long range.
Schaftenaar's two free throws with 6:48 remaining put Oregon State ahead 65-50, and Cal got no closer than 10 points the rest of the way.
Cal's Jerome Randle, averaging 19.8 points per game, was held to six points on 2 of 9 shooting.
- Cal's Ivan Rabb bypasses draft to stay for sophomore season Apr 25
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Beavers bummed about early exit, but excited for the future Mar 19
- Cal's tumultuous week ended by No. 13 seed Hawaii 77-66 Mar 18
- Cal point guard Tyrone Wallace breaks hand in practice Mar 18
- Cal coach Cuonzo Martin declines to discuss school review Mar 17
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- Cal to face familiar friend in Hawaii assistant Montgomery Mar 17
- No. 24 California enters Pac-12 tournament on a roll Mar 7
- After undefeated February, Cal seeks Pac-12 title in March Mar 1
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25