IPFW holds on to beat North Dakota State 71-67Feb 19, 2010 - 2:09 AM FORT WAYNE, Ind.(AP) -- Trey McCorkle had 21 points and seven rebounds to lead IPFW to a 71-67 victory over North Dakota State Thursday night.
Deilvez Yearby added 15 points for the Mastodons (13-13, 8-8 Summit). Ben Botts scored 12 points and Nick Daniels 10.
Botts' free throws with 8 seconds remaining gave IPFW a four-point lead. The Bison had cut IPFW's 10-point second-half lead down to two.
Eric Carlson led North Dakota State (10-15, 7-8) with 13 points. Michael Tveidt contributed 12 points and nine rebounds for the Bison and Sam Sussenguth added 10 points.
The Mastodons shot 49 percent for the game. North Dakota State owned a 39-27 edge in rebounds.
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- Dupree returns to North Dakota St 2 weeks after leaving Jan 25
- North Dakota State guard leaves team in dispute over role Jan 12
- North Dakota State beats NAIA Valley City State 69-49 Nov 18
- Gonzaga holds off North Dakota State Mar 21
- Bison and Bulldogs get together in South Regional fracas Mar 20
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10
- No. 10 Texas crushes North Dakota State Nov 15