Roll leads UCLA over Washington State 71-51Feb 19, 2010 - 3:40 AM By NICHOLAS K. GERANIOS Associated Press Writer
PULLMAN, Wash.(AP) -- Michael Roll scored 15 points as hot-shooting UCLA buried Washington State 71-51 on Thursday for the Bruins' 17th consecutive win in Pullman.
Nikola Dragovic and Tyler Honeycutt scored 14 points each as UCLA (12-13, 7-6 Pac-10) shot 65 percent while breaking a two-game losing streak and keeping its slim Pac-10 title hopes alive.
Washington State (15-11, 5-9) has lost six of its last seven games to put its postseason hopes in peril.
The Cougars shot just 36 percent, including a 3-of-19 performance from 3-point range. They have not enjoyed a home victory against UCLA since 1993.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
UCLA 40 31 71
WASHINGTON STATE 26 25 51 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: UCLA - MICHAEL ROLL 15, NIKOLA DRAGOVIC 14,
TYLER HONEYCUTT 14
WASHINGTON STATE - REGGIE MOORE 11, DEANGELO CASTO 10, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 8
Feb 18 10:30 PM
- NCAA BB
WASHINGTON ST 26 HALFTIME
Feb 18 9:24 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- UCLA guard Bryce Alford recovering from hit to jaw Mar 6
- Washington cruises past Division II Golden Eagles 74-57 Nov 25
- Washington State Cougars reject last place prediction Oct 28
- Washington St Preview Capsule Oct 28
- UCLA has deep, balanced team in Steve Alford's 3rd season Oct 28
- UCLA Preview Capsule Oct 28
- UCLA freshman Looney declares for NBA Draft Apr 6
- Gonzaga advances after pulling away from UCLA Mar 28
- UCLA and Gonzaga square off in South Region semifinals Mar 27