Northern Colorado edges Eastern Washington, 58-54Feb 19, 2010 - 4:08 AM GREELEY, Colo.(AP) -- Chris Kaba sank a 3-pointer with 23 seconds left and Will Figures scored 23 points as Northern Colorado edged Eastern Washington 58-54 Thursday night.
Kaba, who was subbing for the Bears' injured second-leading scorer, Devon Beitzel, had 14 points and made all three of his 3-pointers in the second half. Mike Proctor added 11 points for Northern Colorado (21-6, 10-4 Big Sky).
Beitzel broke his left ankle in the team's last game. Northern Colorado avoided its first two-game losing streak of the year.
Jeffrey Forbes led Eastern Washington (8-19, 4-9) with 15 points. The Eagles had 17 turnovers and were denied a season-high three-game winning streak.
- NCAA BB
EASTERN WASH 54
NORTHERN COLO 58 FINAL
Feb 18 10:58 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTERN WASH 24
NORTHERN COLO 26 HALFTIME
Feb 18 9:49 PM
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Unbeaten Huskies rally past Eastern Washington Dec 14
- Huskies seek to ground Eagles Dec 14
- SMU tops Eastern Washington to end skid Nov 23