Dartmouth beats Columbia 48-44Feb 20, 2010 - 2:43 AM HANOVER, N.H.(AP) -- Clive Weeden scored 12 points and Ronnie Dixon had 11, including two free throws with 16 seconds left to seal Dartmouth's 48-44 win over Columbia for its first Ivy League win.
Dixon and Robbie Pride each hit a 3-pointer for the Big Green (5-18, 1-8), who finished 2-for-6 from beyond the arc (33.3 percent). The Lions were just 2-for-23 from long range (8.7 percent).
The Big Green snapped a seven-game losing slide.
The teams combined for just 32 total points in the first half, as Dartmouth had a two-point edge at halftime. The Big Green held the Lions off in the second frame, outscoring them 31-29 to seal it.
Asenso Ampim was the lone player in double figures for the Lions (9-14, 3-6) with 10 points. They lost despite winning the battle of bench scoring 20-5 and forcing Dartmouth into 16 turnovers.
Dartmouth outrebounded the Lions 37-34.
- NCAA BB
DARTMOUTH 48 FINAL
Feb 19 8:50 PM
- NCAA BB
DARTMOUTH 17 HALFTIME
Feb 19 7:43 PM
- Columbia hires Jim Engles as new basketball coach Apr 5
- Lo's 8 3s lead Columbia to 78-71 win over Robert Morris Dec 14
- No. 1 Kentucky rallies to beat Columbia Dec 10
- No. 1 Kentucky plays host to Columbia Dec 10
- No. 2 Michigan State holds off Columbia Nov 15
- Lions hit road seeking upset of second-ranked Spartans Nov 15
- Harvard opens Ivy League action with win over Dartmouth Jan 7
- No. 22 Harvard opens Ivy League action against Dartmouth Jan 7
- Defending champion UConn opens season with win Nov 12
- Defending champs open up in Storrs against Lions Nov 11
- St. Mary's Kyle Smith hired as Columbia's coach May 2
- Jones leaves Columbia to take BC job Apr 9