Wittman, Dale leads Cornell past Harvard 79-70Feb 20, 2010 - 3:03 AM CAMBRIDGE, Mass.(AP) -- Ryan Wittman scored 27 points, Louis Dale added 18 and Cornell stayed on top of the Ivy League with a 79-70 win over Harvard on Friday night.
Wittman continued his march up the list of Ivy League scorers when his 3-pointer with 7:54 left in the second half gave him 24 points, pushing him past Joe Carrabino of Harvard into sixth place on the career list. Wittman has 1,885 points.
Cornell (22-4, 8-1) remained a half-game ahead of Princeton (7-1) for first place in the Ivy League.
Jeremy Linn had 24 points for Harvard (17-6, 6-3). Kyle Casey finished with 14.
Harvard put together a 12-0 run to pull within five before Wittman and Dale hit consecutive 3-pointers make it 67-56 in the second half.
- Brian Earl hired as Cornell men's basketball coach Apr 18
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Tar Heels take aim at Crimson in second round Mar 19
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Virginia dominates Harvard Dec 21
- Harvard hits road to challenge No. 6 Virginia Dec 21
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Chambers, Saunders lead No. 25 Harvard past MIT Nov 15