Central Connecticut State nips Wagner 62-60Feb 21, 2010 - 2:23 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Robby Ptacek came off the bench to score 17 points and Central Connecticut State edged Wagner 62-60 on Saturday night.
Markeys Deans had 15 points in a reserve role and Shemik Thompson added 14 for the Blue Devils (10-17, 7-9 Northeast Conference), who snapped a three-game losing streak. The Blue Devils had 32 points from their bench and won despite shooting 37.9 percent (22 of 58) from the field.
Clinging to a 56-55 lead, the Blue Devils scored 5 straight points to lead 61-55 after Deans' layup with 2:26 to go.
The Seahawks cut the lead to 62-60 with 52 seconds left on a basket by Tyler Murray. The Seahawks had a chance to tie it, but turned the ball over with 15 seconds remaining.
Murray scored 19 points and Michael Orock added 11 for the Seahawks (4-25, 2-14), who lost their sixth straight.
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL CONN 62
WAGNER 60 FINAL
Feb 20 8:49 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL CONN 25
WAGNER 27 HALFTIME
Feb 20 7:43 PM
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Dickenman retires after 20 years at Central Connecticut Feb 19
- CCSU holds off late charge by Robert Morris to win, 75-70 Feb 4
- Robert Morris uses late first-half run, beats CCSU 59-45 Jan 21
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Ross leads No. 5 Buckeyes over CCSU Dec 7
- Blue Devils face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Buckeyes Dec 7
- Boeheim matches Knight as Syracuse rolls Dec 31
- Boeheim in search of yet another milestone Dec 31